Slightly delayed, this time, by departure for holiday on the last of the month and then taking three days to get to the point where it would be OK to sit in front of a screen again.
Highlights of the month:
- The mole proved to be malignant, but caught early enough. More excision needed.
- Went gastropod hunting on wet evenings and despatched a good few.
- Pruned the big frangipani, all but one of the tips being dead.
- Second vaccination ✓
- Nice visit to friends near Orvieto and a sniff around possible dwellings.
- Took too long to set up the watering system, leading to an unseemly rush at the end. Fingers crossed.
- Attended a funeral.
- Fabulous trip to Pompeii and Herculaneum, despite sweltering heat under a lead white sky.
- Quick stop in Naples on the way back.
- Excellent quite supper party with more people (7!) than at any time since lockdown.
It was a pretty busy month getting ready to do nothing, as it were, on trips away. The big thing was getting the watering system up and running, which proved to be a huge trial. Still, I now know exactly what it needs: HomeKit enabled plug for the pump and a new watering system, which I hope to pick up if we visit the US in December. Until then, fingers crossed, with the backup position of a nice woman who will come to the house every day to check on the plants and water them if needs be. Fingers crossed on that one too.
Had some fun getting out the “proper” camera and taking some pictures, which was satisfying in itself and also revealed the need for a better layout on these pages when a post is largely photographic. I’m thinking maybe move the sidebar to the bottom (or ditch it?) and allow the photos greater width than the text. Indeed, that could work for unillustrated posts too and allow for marginal notes, which I still desire.
- Walking with sticks: 4
- Reading: 8
- Steps (avge): 10,941
- Podcasts: 40 (36 of them logged, and 1 abandoned after 3:45 as unlistenable.)
- In bed/asleep 8:04/6:58
- 7 Minutes: 10 days; alternating 2 cycles moderate and 3 cycles cardio blast.
- Weight (avge): 86.1
- Naps 13
- Walking with sticks: 6
- Reading: 20
- Steps (avge): 11,054
- Podcasts: 52 (41 of them logged)
- In bed/asleep 8:27/7:18
- 7 Minutes: 7 days; alternating 2 cycles moderate and 3 cycles cardio blast.
- Weight (avge): 85.8
- Naps 12
Everything got done on time and to my satisfaction at least. So I am now on holiday with a clear conscience. I haven't taken any big long-term decisions, although I did turn down a good chunk of work that was offered.
Hours logged per month
Percent of logged hours: 2021
Previous years are on an archive page.
Five new posts, which is goodish, although I failed to resurrect any old posts.
Not till I get back home, but I really would like to modify the templates here to make a better fist of displaying photographs.
Here's the table
Click the triangle to see or hide the table
|Month||Total||Daily||Admin %||ETP %||Other %|