Another relaxing month, with an arduous cat-sitting gig in Umbria enjoying a friend's beautiful house in the country. It played havoc with time-keeping and podcast-listening, but so what.
Highlights of the month:
- Visit to London to see my mum for the first time in almost two years.
- The plants all survived!
- Had quite a wrestle with PHP versions locally.
- Played with Tuftefying a template; not yet there.
- Reached my first geohash.
- Drove the car into a ditch and had to be rescued by tractor.
Truly, very little to report. No HIIT at all, because of the minor surgery. The best part of August was the pool at the country place. I slowly built up to swimming a little more than a kilometre each day, which felt very good. I cannot remember when I was last able to do that. And the calories burned! Smashed my move record two days in a row.
- Walking with sticks: 0
- Reading: 23
- Steps (avge): 8907
- Podcasts: 27 (23 of them logged.)
- In bed/asleep 7:57/6:59 (So stable)
- 7 Minutes: 0
- Weight (avge): 86.6 (Not many measurements)
- Naps 22
- Walking with sticks: 0
- Reading: 25 (Ah, holidays)
- Steps (avge): 9,379
- Podcasts: 38 (31 of them logged.)
- In bed/asleep 8:04/6:57 (Uncanny)
- 7 Minutes: 4 days; alternating 2 cycles moderate and 3 cycles cardio blast.
- Weight (avge): 85.7
- Naps 21 (Summertime, and the napping is easy)
A little bit done, included audio final mix on an episode I had little to with with recording, which was interesting as soon as I was able to detach myself from wanting to fix it and relaxed into making it sound as good as I could. Strange silence from a major client when I said I did not want to do one specific job. Maybe this means the end. Maybe it doesn't.
Hours logged per month
Definitely under-recorded this month
Percent of logged hours: 2021
Previous years are on an archive page.
Kept going with the daily reading — which also goaded me into updating the automation of starting a post — and updating of old posts and amused quite often by what I found. As noted last month, many of my hobby horses are long in the tooth. Some tribulations, however, have vanished. In years past, I anguished over sourdough baking in hot weather. No more, I have learned how to do it right, although that is also because I don't have to fit it around a working day away from home.
Eleven new posts, too, many prompted by old posts.
Traveling with the laptop is fine for all sorts of things, but not for redesigns etc. And the iMac is playing up more and more. Will it last until a bigger M1 iMac? Or will I end up with and M1 laptop and separate monitor?
Ready for the winter, I suppose.
Here's the table
Click the triangle to see or hide the table
|Month||Total||Daily||Admin %||ETP %||Other %|