Oh boy, am I on top of my game, or what?
It has been an absolutely delightful month. There was some hot weather, and some wonderful thunderstorms. The neighbourhood was empty, which pushed us to discover some nice new (to us) places for morning coffee. They won't replace our bar, but it was fun to be somewhere new. The terrace was blooming wonderful.
Life has been good.
Highlights of the month:
- Restarted the podcast episodes.
- Transplanted two of the big bananas on the terrace, and took an offset from one. The big plants are doing terrifically, the offset not so well, but I am trying to be patient.
- Also, first harvest of poblano chillies, and a couple of volunteeer sweetpeas, which is nice.
- Got stuck into Tailwind.css and learning about responsive design, especially once I scrapped the idea of reverse engineering and embraced simplication.
- Saw some good TV and movies.
- A downside is having to deal with a dysfunctional property management company and their lickspittle legal associates.
Steps dropped somewhat during the really hot weather but levelled out over the past three weeks at around 9000 which, I am told, is 36% better than the global average. Weight crept up by about 300g so I'm not too concerned. Sleep averages just under 8 hours a night and, whether it is the melatonin or not, my dreams are still astonishingly vivid. I sometimes wake with no recollection of having been asleep, only of having been dreaming, and mostly very pleasant dreams at that.
Tagged reading on 27 of the 31 days, and some fun books they were.
Mood average dropped from 4.7 on 4 August to 4.4 on 1 September. Doesn't feel too bad. And although I don't deeply analyse what I've done each day, the word frequencies for each of my mood ratings is quite fun.1
Tyme 2 seems to be having some sort of conniption, whereby it is showing the task on which I spend most time as a negative, but only in August. I don't understand this, but if I simply reverse the sign, the numbers look about right.
|Month||Total||Daily||Admin %||ETP %||Other %|
Six posts this month! 400% increase. But still quite pathetic.
Listened to 42 podcasts, although my script recorded only 40 because it has a flaw that I have not yet found time to fix. Standouts were, I suppose, Benjamen Walker's two episodes about 1984, The Food Programme talking to Jamie Oliver and Talking Politics' guide to being a civil servant.
As promised, made more use of my new keyboard shortcuts, but did not create any new ones.
I'm wondering whether to use the bits of data I am accumulating here as numbers and words to try and learn more about graphing data. I've a feeling I may have said this before ...
Nothing springs to mind.
I should note that I seem to have a horribly sunny disposition; only 5% of my days rank a 3, with 4s and 5s making up 90%. The remainder I failed to rank. ↩