A fine month, not only for some great October weather but also for a long anticipated trip to Germany for the border:none conference and IndieWeb Camp Nürnberg.
Highlights of the month:
- Great show of Robert Capa photos at the Hungarian Academy
- And an even better Don McCullin show at the Palazzo Nazionale
- New furniture of the terrace and old stuff removed cleanly
- Cracked ability to get distance data out of Health app
- New shockmount for the microphone
- Two punctures, one on the
- Ride to commemorate 80th anniversary of the Rome roundup of the Jews
- Attended a marvellous party for a friend's 60th
- Minor disaster when ClassicPress updated a plugin that broke everything
- Followed quickly by a hosting disaster that took two days to provide an answer I could act on.
- Medication for my old man problems
- Useful bits of garden work
- German trip
Need to get back into reading books. Steps picking up. Consistency of sleep is satisfying and good.
- Walking with sticks: 0
- Reading: 7
- Steps (avge): 9045
- Podcasts: 38 (32 of them logged)
- In bed/asleep 8:24/7:27
- 7 Minutes: 4 days
- Cycled: 4 days (50 km)
- Weight (avge): 86.7
- Naps: 15
- Walking with sticks: 0
- Reading: 18
- Steps (avge): 7862
- Podcasts: 23 (19 of them logged)
- In bed/asleep 8:25/7:21
- 7 Minutes: 6 days
- Cycled: 5 days (106 km)
- Weight (avge): 86.4
- Naps: 20
All the little things mentioned in the highlights added up to a very satisfactory month overall, with a good balance. It would have been nice to ride the bike a bit more, but life must have got in the way. The frustrations of IndieWeb Camp were more than offset by the very engaging talks at border:none and the friends, old and new. Also enjoying Mastodon more and more.
Hours logged per month
Percent of logged hours
Previous years are on an archive page.
Eight posts here, which is pretty good. Right at the end of the month I decided to look again at the six-box to-do list and I like how it offers you choices of what to do next in a more ordered way than simply picking something off an impossible list. Need to tweak the actual layout though.
$project continued to be ignored, and winter is still coming.
I'm peeved at my inability to solve the problem of maps in Known and need to decide between really getting to grips with the code and just giving it all up as having no real future.
Life is good, despite travel putting pressure on weak spots.
Here’s the table
Click the triangle to see or hide the table
|Month||Total||Daily||Admin %||ETP %||Writing %||Other %|