One of the worthwhile things about a commitment like this is that fixing even the smallest thing becomes worthwhile. Today, it was an oddity I noticed in the JSON feed for the site. I noticed it because it seemed that micro.blog had not picked up the two most recent posts. In fact it had, but it had given them a timestamp of midnight on the day in question. And I had also switched from the RSS feed, which was throwing errors, to the JSON feed, which wasn't.
Turned out the JSON feed wasn't sending the time of the post at all, while the Atom and RSS feeds were. While I was about it, I noticed that the JSON feed also had placeholder text for the
feed_url link and the
author: url: link.
A little digging into
feed.json.twig revealed the placeholder text -- easily replaced -- and the format for
date_published, not so easy. The challenge is that I do not know exactly how to achieve the format that is offered in what I must imagine is the ur-JSON feed. That has
That looks like a format the PHP manual calls SOAP, but despite fiddling to the best of my ability, I could not reproduce it here. Instead, I copied the formatting from the RSS feed
"date_published": item.date|date('D, d M Y H:i:s')
I suppose I will find out soon enough whether micro.blog deals with it appropriately. Might need to add timezone information.
I also created a pull request on the plugin to add this information to the
Webmentions allow conversations across the web, based on a web standard. They are a powerful building block for the decentralized social web.