I spent a little time fixing up the way this site presents my h-card on the summary of blog posts. In case you're wondering, an h-card is a way of presenting information about yourself or your organisation on your website that makes it easy for other websites to identify you with your work, for example in webmentions.
One of the difficulties of trying to be IndieWeb is that because there is no One True Way, only a set of useful building blocks, lovingly assembled, when something isn't working well it can be hard to know which bit is responsible for what. I had that problem recently with micro.blog waiting a long time before a post here appeared there. Then today, a post I published this morning popped up on micro.blog, and I had time to think about fixing things.
It was trivial, but I fixed it. Here's how.
The Main Squeeze had a slightly spooky moment when she opened her Instagram app this morning. Last night, she'd been noodling around looking for a holiday place to stay. Now, near the top of her stream, there was the exact same place she had spent most time looking at, in a "sponsored" post.
We can have the web we want, but it won't be as easy as the web we don't want.
I really enjoyed reading Eli Mellen's post of a couple of days ago:.
It really struck a chord with me because I have so often felt exactly the same frustrations, but my moaning comes from a position of consi...
It's voodoo, and it worked
As soon as micro.blog added the ability to crosspost to a micropub-equipped site, I've tried, sporadically, to get it to work with my Known site. It never would work, and proved extremely frustrating to troubleshoot. Other people would just say, "It works for me" and because the problem clearly lay somewhere between the two entities it was very hard to know where to begin looking for trouble.